Job Title: Tree Packaging
Location(s): 651 Airport Road
- Public transportation is available (bus stop is just outside the front gate).
- April 27 until the last seedling is packaged
- Estimation is the end of June
- Additional seasonal/student contracts may be available after this
- Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Work hours may be adjusted at times to accommodate production schedule and weather
- Additional hours may be available
Job Description: Working on all aspects of packaging seedlings from cold storage into plastic totes for delivery:
- Removing seedlings from their trays
- Arranging seedlings into plastic totes (specific configurations by crop)
- Loading and stacking the totes in trailers
- Emptying totes from returning trailers
- All manners of maintenance and cleaning of work area
Position Requirements: All aspects of packaging involve varying degrees of manual labour. You must be physically able to: stand/walk for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions, frequently bend and lift, etc. You must also be prepared for varying weather conditions and dress accordingly. Steel toes are the only required personal protective equipment.
General Expectation: This position requires that materials and seedlings be handled in a manner that does not damage or destroy them. Attendance and promptness is imperative in order to maintain the required production schedule in our short northern growing season. We also strive to foster a positive work environment, with no judgement, where at the very least everyone is courteous to one another.
- Rate of pay includes a base hourly rate + daily production bonus + attendance bonus.
- Cheques are issued bi-weekly.
- Base rate : $11.40/hr
- Production/Quality bonus: $1.00 per 1000 seedlings packaged after the first 15,000
- Quality must also be at least 95%
- Attendance bonus: $0.50/hr paid out at the end of the contract providing 90% attendance has been attained
- Not unreasonable to average $12.50/hr with a consistent pace.
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com