Location(s): 651 Airport Rd, Timmins
- There is a Timmins Transit stop at the entrance of the property
Duration: Mid-March to Mid-November.
- Students welcome to apply (16 yrs of age and older), it is understood that the work term for students will be shorter
Hours: 6:30am to 2:30pm Day shift & 2:30pm to 11pm Afternoon shift.
- The shifts are on a rotation. One week days the other week afternoons
- Work hours may be adjusted at times to accommodate production schedule and weather
- Additional hours may be available
- Placing cut and split pieces of firewood into a one cubic foot bag. Stack the bag on a skid.
- Minimum production requirements. There will be a two week window for the employees to attain the minimum level
- Working on a production line
- Keeping the work area clean
- Any other labour tasks as required
- All firewood positions involve manual labour. You must be physically able to: stand/walk for extended periods of time, perform repetitive motions, frequently bend and lift, etc. You will need to stack your firewood bags as you produce them.
- Average weight of a bag is 35lbs. You must also be prepared for varying weather conditions and dress accordingly. The work is performed in a covered area, however it is not heated.
- Steel toe boots are the only required personal protective equipment.
General Expectation: Attendance and promptness is imperative in order to maintain the required production schedule. We also strive to foster a positive work environment, with no judgement, where at the very least everyone is courteous to one another.
- Your base rate of pay will be $11.40/hr payable bi-weekly.
- There is a daily production bonus of 0.35$/bag for all bags done after the first 235.
- To qualify for this daily bonus you must attend the entire shift.
- It is not unreasonable to expect a consistent bagger to make $13/hr
Resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org